I grew up in the small town of Alexandria, Minnesota, as the son of a dentist. My wife and I got married just before I started dental school and she started medical school. We studied hard for four years in Indianapolis before moving to La Crosse, WI, for residencies in oral and maxillofacial surgery and family medicine. I feel very fortunate for the opportunity to have trained at Gundersen Lutheran, a high-quality and high-volume training program. There was a specific emphasis and high level of expertise in training in dental implants, wisdom teeth, orthognathic jaw surgery, and TMJ surgery.
As Dr. Harris retired in the summer of 2012, I felt very honored that he would allow me to continue in his exceptionally personable and high-quality care for patients.
There are many ways a surgeon can ensure the best quality of care for patients, one of which is with continued education. I regularly participate in advancing my training on the most cutting-edge surgical and implant practices. I regularly organize and attend local and national events focused on the state-of-the-art for dental implant treatment planning, placement, and restoration.
We have moved back to my wife Lindsey’s hometown. We spend as much of our free time as possible with our young daughter and son. We enjoy boating, hiking, biking, sailing, hunting, and participating in medical and dental mission trips.
Thank you for showing interest in Granger Oral Surgery & Dental Implants. The following is a portion of my curriculum vitae.
- President of the Mishawaka Dental Society
- Part-time faculty of Oral Pathology for hygiene students
- Sister Maura Brannick Clinic in South Bend
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Gundersen Lutheran Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency in La Crosse, WI 2008–2012
- Indiana University School of Dentistry 2004–2008
- Wheaton College
Courses and Meetings
- Oral Pathology Review Course
- AAOMS Implant meeting
- AO Maxillofacial Trauma
- Stryker Cadaver Course
- AAOMS Annual meeting
- Dean’s List Indiana University School of Dentistry
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- AAOMS Dental Student Implant Award
- AAOMS Dental Student Award
- Graduate with Distinction
- Dean’s Silver Award for National Boards
- Academy of Operative Dentistry Award
- Waite Lectureship at the University of Minnesota
- Lectures to Family Medicine residents about Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Mayo Clinic Winter Refresher for Family Medicine Lecture
- Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Experiences and Interests
- Dental mission trips — Honduras, Nicaragua, and the Dominican Republic
- Outdoor sports — Sailing, cycling, hiking, camping, skiing